To help you think about this, download a self-assessment questionnaire to see how well Shepherd Village matches your preferences.
If you think you may be interested:
- Review some of the resources listed at bottom of this page.
- Sign-up for e-newsletters about Shepherd Village.
- Register for an orientation session which will be listed on our Upcoming Events page.
Having pre-sold all 30 of our homes, we are in transition. We haven’t worked out all the details yet, but in general here’s what we expect to do.
As our lives unfold, Shepherd Village homes will become available again. We are establishing a Wait List we are calling Shepherd Village Friends, folks who are willing to become familiar with the concepts of cohousing and who will participate in some events so that we can get to know each other. Regular orientation sessions for prospective members are expected to begin in the Fall. Please contact us if you would like to receive information about these orientations.
When we have more details, we will let you know.
Meanwhile, for more information, explore these resources
- Some examples of cohousing communities:
- National Cohousing Association
- Mid Atlantic Cohousing
- Creating Cohousing: Building Sustainable Communities, Kathryn McCamant & Charles Durrett
- The Senior Cohousing Handbook, second edition, Charles Durrett
- Rightsizing Your Life, Simplifying Your Surroundings While Keeping What Matters Most, Ciji Ware
- Creating a Life Together: Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Intentional Communities, Diana Leafe Christian
- Pocket Neighborhoods, Ross Chapin