What we are creating
Shepherd Village is a cohousing community planned as a cozy, clustered neighborhood:
- with 30 lovely, modest-sized homes
- incorporating energy efficient and sustainable materials
- floor plans and amenities conforming to “universal design” standards
- in duplex and triplex configurations
- preserving green space
- with a shared Common House
- on a rolling, wooded 19-acre site at the eastern edge of Shepherdstown.
Individual community members will own their own homes. They will also share ownership of:
- the Common House
- community garden
- garden shed
- woodworking and tool shop
- green space and walking paths
- chicken shed
–- all managed by the community through a Homeowners Association.
The site is three blocks from the heart of historic downtown Shepherdstown, WV. A new access road is being constructed from East German Street to the southwestern portion of the land where Shepherd Village will be located.
We have finalized plans for our homes. We are offering six basic models featuring first-floor living and footprints ranging from 904 to 1482 square feet. Basement and lofts are options on some of the models. These models create one, two, and three bedroom homes with open floor (kitchen–dining room–living room) designs.
Every home will also have a covered parking space (carport or garage) located near the Common House or at clustered areas around the site.
We have completed the design for our magnificent Common House! The design includes:
- a spacious dining area
- gourmet kitchen
- comfortable living rooms with hearth
- yoga/meditation room
- music/media room
- exercise and large-item laundry room
- rooms for guests, including a small caregiver suite
- screened porch
- lovely areas for relaxing outside
- basement for storage of bikes, kayaks, equipment